Tuesday 3 March 2009

Engaging Students in Artist Study

Linda Fay has a new post on Higher Up and Further In about Artist Study and Art Appreciation. It's a simple, interesting way to get your children engaged.

I particularly liked this idea she presents:

At the end of the term, I show my kids some more pictures from the artist we studied that term. These are the ones that we didn't get to but I thought they might like. Together, we download their favorites and put them on a flash disc, take it to Walmart and have each printed for about a quarter each. Then the children get to add them to their personal artist albums.

I can hardly wait to start my own children on their personal artist albums!

By the way, after you've read her post, you might like to click the link she has at the bottom to see her post titled Our Picture Studies. In that post Linda Fay gives a more extensive description of the proccess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.