Friday 3 October 2008

Anybody Out There?

It's been over 2 weeks since our first meeting and I haven't heard anyone's thoughts about the year's beginning. I know we have people reading here, but does anyone have anything to share?

Maybe it's thoughts about the meeting: comments about the community of WHHE, follow-up ideas on the topic of the night (which, in case you've forgotten, although I don't know how you could, was Nature Study and the use of dry-brush).

Or maybe you want to respond to something that you've seen on the blog or on another CM website. Maybe you have a question to ask that others could help you with regarding a CM eduation.

Or maybe you want to take a moment to share a sucess story from your family's experiences with a CM education. There are many options, and we'd like to have more interaction.

There are two ways you can do this:
  1. You can email me directly (talsma at cyg dot net), putting the comments or ideas you'd like to share in that format. That way you can send in digital pictures as well and I can post them onto the blog as a separate entry with your email content.
  2. You can post a comment directly on the blog. Each blog post has a tiny little comment button at the bottom of it, and if you click on it you open up the comment page. In that setting you can write your message and post it to the blog. Photos can't go through that way, so if you have those, you'd need to use option 1. When you use the comment page, you will be asked for an i.d., but that can even be 'anonymous' if that's how you'd like to remain.

So maybe I can start by asking a question:

What were the things that you took away from the meeting in September? We really do want to know!

Blessings to you all, you're a great bunch of women!

4 comments:

  1. I loved to see the faces of those trying watercolour for the first time: "I can do this!" Or of those who are familiar with watercolour but not with dry-brush: "This is so much less messy!" Moms who were keen to carry the ideas home gave me inspiration to be more regular with our own work. The joy in exploring the world around me through one more method keeps me wanting to try again at painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words overheard at the meeting:

    - I've never considered myself to be an artist, but this I can do!

    - It's remarkable how much more I'm noticing about the leaf since I'm painting it.

    - This is beautiful! (referring to the whole experience, not just the resulting painting)

    - I'm going to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water colours simply bring new life to nature journals.

    I must confess our nature journals up to now have been more like colouring books, beautiful accurate pencil drawings, coloured in with pencil crayons. Water colours entries jump off the page, giving the LORD's vibrant creation its just glory. Fall is the perfect time of year to play with a paint palette.

    Agape,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to put my pictures of our children's nature journal dry brush work that was done after the meeting, but I can't figure out how to do it in the comments (probably not possible), so instead, I'll just invite you to hop over to peaceledge.blogspot.com to see them there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.